Metal Market News
- A gold price in the 1800s is 'fantastic'
(Kitco News) - "I lived $1,000 gold. I never want to go through that problem again. When gold went to a thousand, I saw red stars and green stars and blue stars. So to me, $1,800 is a fantastic price because it keeps everybody honest and it, and the mines that are going to be built, the mines are efficient.
- Seabridge Gold to raise up to US$75 million
(Kitco News) - Net proceeds from the offering will be used for exploration and development of the company's projects, potential future acquisitions, and for working capital and general corporate purposes.
- Why this could kick off new bullish phase in gold price
(Kitco News) - Gold saw a surprising development this week — a run-up in price as Joe Biden was being sworn in as president of the United States on Wednesday.
- Physical gold demand, premiums, rise so why is price not following? Peter Hug
(Kitco News) - Physical gold demand, premiums, rise so why is price not following? Peter Hug
- IAMGOLD and Sumitomo confirm significant gold mineralization near Côté
(Kitco News) - Sumitomo and IAMGOLD expect that potential resource addition will increase the value of the Côté gold project.
- Why is gold stuck? Analysts see 'ladder approach' when it comes to gold price rally in 2021
(Kitco News) - Gold cannot break out of its wide trading range between $1,800 and $1,900, with the precious metal holding support well yet lacking momentum to move higher.
- Kazatomprom confirms 128 positive COVID-19 cases at two uranium mines
(Kitco News) - Two uranium mines were placed under a quarantine with potential impact on the group's 2021 planned production.
- Investors remain bullish on gold, waiting for more stimulus news
(Kitco News) - The gold market continues to attract strong bullish sentiment among retail investors and market analysts even as the metal has lost momentum and prices are consolidating.
- Pan African Resources increases gold production in South Africa
(Kitco News) - The group's gold production during half-year ended December 31, 2020 increased by 5.9% to 98,386oz.
- Lithium Americas raised US$400M to build gigantic lithium mine in the U.S.
(Kitco News) - Thacker Pass is the largest known lithium resource in the United States and the next large scale lithium mine.
- China Gold exceeds 2020 production guidance
(Kitco News) - China Gold beats 2020 gold production guidance by about 10% and copper guidance by more than 21%.
- Endeavour sells Agbaou gold mine for $80 million
(Kitco News) - Agabou’s mine life is expected to cease by the end of 2022, but new owner intends to extend the life of mine through continued regional exploration activities in the near term.
- Gold price erases a chunk of morning losses as U.S. existing home sales beat expectations in December
(Kitco News) - Gold price reversed some of the early-morning losses as U.S. existing home sales came in above expectations in December.
- Gold prices remain under pressure following strong rise in U.S. Flash PMI data
(Kitco News) - The gold market remains under pressure but is seeing little movement heading into the weekend as positive economic data and improving sentiment weighs on the precious metal.
- Yamana Gold completes the acquisition of the Wasamac site
(Kitco News) - Yamana Gold (YRI:TSX & AUY:LSE) has announced the successful completion of its acquisition of the Wasamac property and the Camflo property and mill from Monarch Gold Corporation.
- Gold technical analysis ahead of the US open
(Kitco News) - Gold has moved another leg lower leading into the US session and at the moment the consolidation in the market is firmly in place. Two sessions ago there was an encouraging move higher and it looked like a move to the psychological $2k level was on the cards
- Gold, silver posting sharp price declines, following equities
(Kitco News) - Gold and silver futures prices are trading sharply lower in early U.S. trading Friday.
- Gold and silver move lower heading into the EU open
(Kitco News) - Leading into the EU open gold (-0.46%) and silver (-1.45%) are both trading lower. The general risk sentiment in the Asia-Pac area has been weak as the Nikkei 225 (-0.44%), ASX (-0.34%) and Shanghai Composite (-0.40%) all closed in the red.
- Great Bear announces C$70 Million financing
(Kitco News) - The company will now issue 3,225,000 common shares that qualify as flow-through shares at a price of $18.60 per flow-through common share and 784,000 common shares of the company at a price of $12.75 per common share on a bought deal private placement basis for aggregate gross proceeds to the company of $69,891,000.
- Orezone finances Bomboré construction
(Kitco News) - "We are delighted to welcome Coris as the senior lender to the Project and proud to have them as a partner. They are one of the largest West African banks and first became a shareholder in 2018. They have financed mining projects within West Africa and are very conversant with the technical and political landscape in the region," said CEO Patrick Downey.