Scrap Aluminium

Aluminium is a silvery-white, ductile metallic element, and the third most abundant of all elements on the earth’s crust, after oxygen and silicon. Aluminium accounts for 8% of the weight of the Earth’s solid surface. Having good thermal and conductive properties, it is used to form light hard alloys which are corrosion-resistant. The Element Symbol of Aluminium is Al and its Atomic Number is 13, it also belongs to the boron group on the periodic table of elements.

Aluminium doesn’t occur naturally in a pure form as its a highly reactive metal. Pure aluminium can only be found in environments that lack abundant oxygen as it forms a high-energy chemical bond with oxygen. Aluminium is found in over 270 minerals on the Earth’s crust and the most common of which is bauxite ore. About 85% of all the bauxite mined worldwide is used to produce alumina for refining into aluminium metal. The remaining 15% is used in abrasives, chemicals, materials and refractory products, and aluminium compounds.

Corrosion resistant properties of aluminium

Aluminium is useful as a catalyst or additive in chemical mixtures because of its reactive nature. One of aluminium’s other special properties is that it is corrosion resistant. This is because a thin surface layer of aluminium oxide forms when the metal is exposed to air; this layer prevents the additional oxidation that would otherwise cause rust.

Lightweight and versitle

Aluminium is exceptionally light with a density of 2.7g/ccm (by comparison steel has a density of 7.75g/ccm); is impervious to rust; has great strength when alloyed; and possesses a high degree of conductivity. Aluminium is also ductile and versatile, that is, it can be pressed into sheets or drawn into wires or foil making.

Aluminium is used in a wide variety of applications

Out of all nonferrous metals, aluminium is used the most extensively in terms of volume. Numerous applications in the home and industry use aluminium and is a familiar metal to nearly everyone. The strength, lightness and corrosion resistance of aluminium are important considerations in its application. Metallic aluminium is used in a wide variety of applications that include packaging such as beverage cans, building construction, transportation and electrical applications.

What are the different types of aluminium?
  • Rolled Aluminium
  • Aluminium Wheels / Alloy Wheels
  • Aluminium Cutts (New Production)
  • Clean H9 / HE9
  • Mixed H9 / HE9
  • Painted H9 / HE9
  • Aluminium Quad / Aluminium Wire
  • Cast Aluminium
  • Aluminium Turnings
  • Aluminium Rads / Copper Rads (Steel Free)
  • Irony Aluminium
Scrap Aluminium Recycling

Aluminium has an infinite life since it can be continuously recycled from one product to another. Scrap Aluminium is used in a multitude of different products, ranging from window frames to cars, and from food packaging to aeroplanes. This endless reuse cycle is also known as ‘closed loop’ recycling.

Environmentally Freindly Recycling

It takes up to 95 percent less energy to recycle it than to produce primary aluminum and has exactly the same properties as new, which also limits emissions, including greenhouse gases.

Aluminium Recycling for Commercial Businesses in the UK

We collect, purchase and recycle non-ferrous metals including aluminium from businesses across Kent. If your business produces any of the mentioned scrap waste, sending them to recycling centres can be an additional source of profit for your organisation.

Other scrap aluminium types and usages

Metal Spinning, General Machining, Aerospace Application, Chemical Equipment, Structural Applications, Architectural Applications, Marine Applications, Engineering Structures, Bicycle Frames, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Engines, Cylinder Blocks, Cylinder Heads, Crankcases, Saucepans, Cooking Pans, Pots, Cutlery, Soda Cans, Automobile Parts, Boat Building, Ship Building, Statues, Paint Tubes, Airplane Components, Abrasive, Oxide, 1000 series, 2000 series, 3000 series, 4000 series, 5000 series, 6000 series, 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, Drawn Tube, Sheet, Plate, Foil, Electrical Conductors, Hydroplanes, Aerospace, Forgings, Cladding, Alferium, Alclad, Birmabright, Duralumin, Hindalium, Pandalloy, Magnalium, Magnox, Silumin, Titanal, Y alloy, Hiduminium, R.R. alloys, nickel-aluminium alloys, scandium, body panels, breathing gas cylinders, scuba diving, SCBA.

Give Reclamet a call today on:
Tel: 01843 823554 / 01843 823224
Scrap metal types

Further reading about Aluminium:
Aluminium alloy – Wikipedia
Aluminium recycling – Wikipedia

Aluminium Scrap
Recycling Aluminium
Aluminium Scrap Price
Aluminium Sheets
Scrap Aluminium Price UK
Aluminium Wheels
Aluminium Scrap Price UK

Scrap Aluminium

Aluminium is a silvery-white, ductile metallic element, and the third most abundant of all elements on the earth’s crust, after oxygen and silicon. Aluminium accounts for 8% of the weight of the Earth’s solid surface. Having good thermal and conductive properties, it is used to form light hard alloys which are corrosion-resistant. The Element Symbol of Aluminium is Al and its Atomic Number is 13, it also belongs to the boron group on the periodic table of elements.

Aluminium doesn’t occur naturally in a pure form as its a highly reactive metal. Pure aluminium can only be found in environments that lack abundant oxygen as it forms a high-energy chemical bond with oxygen. Aluminium is found in over 270 minerals on the Earth’s crust and the most common of which is bauxite ore. About 85% of all the bauxite mined worldwide is used to produce alumina for refining into aluminium metal. The remaining 15% is used in abrasives, chemicals, materials and refractory products, and aluminium compounds.

Corrosion resistant properties of aluminium

Aluminium is useful as a catalyst or additive in chemical mixtures because of its reactive nature. One of aluminium’s other special properties is that it is corrosion resistant. This is because a thin surface layer of aluminium oxide forms when the metal is exposed to air; this layer prevents the additional oxidation that would otherwise cause rust.

Lightweight and versitle

Aluminium is exceptionally light with a density of 2.7g/ccm (by comparison steel has a density of 7.75g/ccm); is impervious to rust; has great strength when alloyed; and possesses a high degree of conductivity. Aluminium is also ductile and versatile, that is, it can be pressed into sheets or drawn into wires or foil making.

Aluminium is used in a wide variety of applications

Out of all nonferrous metals, aluminium is used the most extensively in terms of volume. Numerous applications in the home and industry use aluminium and is a familiar metal to nearly everyone. The strength, lightness and corrosion resistance of aluminium are important considerations in its application. Metallic aluminium is used in a wide variety of applications that include packaging such as beverage cans, building construction, transportation and electrical applications.

What are the different types of aluminium?
  • Rolled Aluminium
  • Aluminium Wheels / Alloy Wheels
  • Aluminium Cutts (New Production)
  • Clean H9 / HE9
  • Mixed H9 / HE9
  • Painted H9 / HE9
  • Aluminium Quad / Aluminium Wire
  • Cast Aluminium
  • Aluminium Turnings
  • Aluminium Rads / Copper Rads (Steel Free)
  • Irony Aluminium
Scrap Aluminium Recycling

Aluminium has an infinite life since it can be continuously recycled from one product to another. Scrap Aluminium is used in a multitude of different products, ranging from window frames to cars, and from food packaging to aeroplanes. This endless reuse cycle is also known as ‘closed loop’ recycling.

Environmentally Freindly Recycling

It takes up to 95 percent less energy to recycle it than to produce primary aluminum and has exactly the same properties as new, which also limits emissions, including greenhouse gases.

Aluminium Recycling for Commercial Businesses in the UK

We collect, purchase and recycle non-ferrous metals including aluminium from businesses across Kent. If your business produces any of the mentioned scrap waste, sending them to recycling centres can be an additional source of profit for your organisation.

Other scrap aluminium types and usages

Metal Spinning, General Machining, Aerospace Application, Chemical Equipment, Structural Applications, Architectural Applications, Marine Applications, Engineering Structures, Bicycle Frames, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Engines, Cylinder Blocks, Cylinder Heads, Crankcases, Saucepans, Cooking Pans, Pots, Cutlery, Soda Cans, Automobile Parts, Boat Building, Ship Building, Statues, Paint Tubes, Airplane Components, Abrasive, Oxide, 1000 series, 2000 series, 3000 series, 4000 series, 5000 series, 6000 series, 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, Drawn Tube, Sheet, Plate, Foil, Electrical Conductors, Hydroplanes, Aerospace, Forgings, Cladding, Alferium, Alclad, Birmabright, Duralumin, Hindalium, Pandalloy, Magnalium, Magnox, Silumin, Titanal, Y alloy, Hiduminium, R.R. alloys, nickel-aluminium alloys, scandium, body panels, breathing gas cylinders, scuba diving, SCBA.

Give Reclamet a call today on:
Tel: 01843 823554 / 01843 823224
Scrap metal types

Further reading about Aluminium:
Aluminium alloy – Wikipedia
Aluminium recycling – Wikipedia

Aluminium Scrap Price UK
Scroll to Top